January 24, 2009

Etc

My grades were decent, I have to question Dr. Cole's decision, for he made a really bad one with one of my friends. Luckily, one C isn't gonna ruin me, so I'll make CSF and be able to graduate in white. =]
that's what most people care about anyway
I can raise my grades by next progress report, I just need to study/do more outside of school.
Lack of discipline I suppose.

Grades:
AP Calculus_______________B
AP Government____________C
AP Chemistry______________B-
Teacher's Aid______________A
Comprehensive Health________A
AP English Literature_________A
Academic League____________A
not so bad, heh?

I've been painting

they're not very good, right now I'm trying to discover shading and shape
it's very hard for me
I'm used to pens and pencils and thin controlled lines.
I haven't discovered how to achieve detail yet, at least not detail
I've been thinking about learning to spray paint too, maybe I'll become a tagger.
Laugh it up

I rented Fallout 3 for the XBox 360. It is really, really fun. There is so much choice in your character that you cannot help but feel like part of the game. It sounds nerdy/geeky, but it's true, I felt similar feelings towards Fable 2. RPG's are awesome. More people should enjoy games where you make so many decisions that change the game.
Are you a Sadist? or a Saint?
Are you a Lover or a Fighter?
Good/Bad
swords/guns
smart/dumb
weak/strong
right/wrong
With RPG's These are not limitations, they are attributes. Video games are trying and winning to be the dominant form of entertainment, but they always have an end, a stop sign where you see the credits, a point where there are no more missions. Even with MMORPG's there is a restriction of what you an do.

And then there are table-top RPG's. Games like Steampunk, Dungeons & Dragons, or GURPS. They do not end unless you want them to. A single campaign can span years, character development never ends. These games are needy because you need an actual person to be the dungeon master/ storyteller, not a voice in the background of your video game. These games cost less than Video games, but require more input from the player. When making a character, you get to decide a lot. Really, your character is as unique as a real person is. Only your character can shoot fireballs and curb-stomp mutants.
Playing in a group is the best.
It is a similar experience like Native American storytelling around a campfire. Except we are the story. TTRPG's [table-top role-playing games] are great experience's that you'll always remember.

OK, so there is a stigma against them, but so is everything to someone else. You need to move past from what others say, and try to enjoy yourself. You only have one life, why not waste it playing with someone else's. TTRPG's are great. If you want to play, cool, just ask.

May the benevolent Noodles of the Flying Spaghetti Monster embrace you in Love and Joy that he share's with all his Pirate Children.

No comments: