February 22, 2009

FAFSA/Goals/Coraline

I did my FAFSA earlier, I'm glad to get it out of the way
Soon the money will come for college
it's scary thinking I have only three months of High School left
and I'm still a virgin
it's shameful
but really not that big of a problem
the thing is, I'm stuck in friend mode with all the girls I know
which sucks
But college will be better
Meet new people, new friends, parties, etc
I wonder where I can get some ruffies...
hmm?
I'm kidding, rape is wrong, and Sex Offenders should be neutered.
Like misbehaving dogs.


In college I'm gonna focus on Science, most likely Biology/Marine Biology
I'll take writing and art classes as well, to hone my skillz.
I'm so looking forwards to Santa Barbara, It's such a beautiful campus

I'm going to miss my High School friends, but honestly? I wanna get the Hell outta Dodge.

I wanna go and be a new person
I'm not gonna act incredibly different
I just enjoy the novelty of making new friends and creating new friendships






Well, I saw the movie Coraline last week and I really appreciate it, It was incredibly similar to the book I read years ago and I felt nostalgia in remembering little details

about this wonderful book/movie.

Also it is scary. People think that claymation/puppetry means that it's for kids.
Well, it is for kids I suppose, but parents should read the book first, and then let the kids read it, then give the book to a friend and let them read it. It's a really good book, and the corruption of the other characters was much more obvious than when reading, also, I appreciated the psych-out climax(no laughing) that made some audience choose to leave the theater early...poor saps.
Also, their is an addition of the character 'Whyborn', who is not is the novel and is chiefly a dialogue mechanism for Coraline

This Movie is the continued advancement of more and more novels being evolved into films. I guess that is what every writer is going for, a big corporate check so they can live on easy street, but it also shows the lack of creativity for modern screenwriters. I love reading and writing and books in general, but I don't like it when people don't read the book because they saw the movie.
That pisses me off big time.

When I was in first grade, I read a books called Shrek
it was different, but very close(no mini-prince or were-ogress)

Books I know will eventually become movies:
1. Ender's Game Series (at least most of them)
2. Good Omen's
3. Most novels for Young Adults and Children.

No comments: